Integration of Newly Arrived Migrants by Means of Competency Assessment and High-Quality Further Vocational Training
What does this project do?
- Quick and sustainable integration of newly arrived refugees into work life and counteracting the increasing shortage of qualified entrepreneurs:
- Reliable identification of competences, aptitudes, and predispositions with regards to job opportunities through a two-stage assessment procedure
- Completion of a high-quality and comprehensive further vocational training program, with an officially recognized diploma, that corresponds to the results of the competence assessment
- Individual coaching and placement into long-term SME jobs
Why do we need this project?
- Large number of refugees in European countries that need to be integrated into the work force
- Long and bureaucratic procedures to get qualifications recognized -> leads to decreasing levels of motivation
- Often both, official qualifications and competences that have been acquired in a non-traditional way are not recognized -> high dropout rates in required trainings due to long duration, underwhelmed participants & unstimulating environment
- Troublesome shortage of qualified workers in many SMEs
- Shortage of workers will continue to increase due to demographic change
- More jobs lost annually due to failed business transfers than new ones are created by business start-ups
- An alarmingly high unemployment rate among foreigners